Have a late night sweets craving but don’t want to run to the store? Chances are you already have the ingredients on hand for some Scottish Shortbread Cookies. You’ll only need 3 baking staples to whip up these sweet flaky delights!
- 4 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 cups Butter (softened)
- Preheat oven to 325°F/ 170°C.
- Fold together butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add 3 1/3 cups flour to the mixture.
- Place dough on a floured surface and knead for 5 minutes.
- While kneading, add remaining flour until you have a soft dough.
- With a rolling pin, roll to ½” thickness.
- Cut into strips of desired size.
- Place 1” apart on non-greased baking sheets & pierce with a fork.
- Bake until cookies are lightly browned, approximately 20-25 minutes.
- Place on a rack to cool.
We hope you enjoy these delicious cookies! After you bake these, we would love to see your finished product. Please share your pictures at Our Thrifty Adventures Facebook page.