Create a culinary masterpiece from a few basic ingredients with our 4 ingredient bread recipe! Experience the satisfaction of traditional baking and save money at the same time. When baked in a loaf pan, this bread slices well, making it great for sandwiches. You can also add cinnamon and sugar during step one for great French Toast bread. This bread is a fraction of the cost as store bough and tastes even better!
- 5 cups all purpose flour (plus extra for dusting)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 ounce fresh yeast
- 4 tablespoons lukewarm milk
- 1. Grease your bread pan.
- 2. Sift flour and salt into a bowl and made a well in the center.
- 3. Mix the yeast with 2/3 cups of lukewarm water.
- 4. Pour in the yeast mixture into the center of the flour.
- 5. Using your fingers, mix in a little flour to form a smooth batter.
- 6. Sprinkle a little more flour from around the edge over the batter and leave in a warm place for approximately 20 minutes to rise.
- 7. Add the milk and remaining flour.
- 8. Mix to a firm dough.
- 9. Place on a lightly floured surface and knead for approximately 10 minutes.
- 10. Shape it into a rectangle, the length of your loaf pan.
- 11. Roll the dough up lengthwise, tuck the ends under, and place the dough seam side down in the pan.
- 12. Cover the loaf and leave to rise in a warm place for approximately 30 minutes.
- 13. Using a sharp knife, make one deep central cut down the middle.
- 14. Dust the top of the loaf with a little of the remaining flour.
- 15. Let rise for another 15 minutes.
- 16. Preheat your oven to 450 F/230 C.
- 17. Bake your loaf for 15 minutes then reduce your oven to 400 F/200 C for another 20 to 25 minutes.
- 18. Cool on wire rack and enjoy our 4 ingredient bread recipe!
You may also like our Easy Bread Recipe and make sure you follow us on Facebook!
Leave a Reply