I like a clean home. Each day, my family and I stay on top of daily chores like making the bed & putting laundry away. However, it’s easy to become blind to areas that need routine deep cleaning. To help keep your home in pristine shape, we’ve compiled our best bedroom cleaning and organization tips.
Each month, we’ll add a new a room to our series to help get your whole home clean and organized in the new year.
Our Thrifty Adventures is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Our Thrifty Adventures contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission, at no cost to you, for purchases made through these links.
- Clean out dressers and donate old and unwanted clothing. Foster Coalition can help you find a a charity near your home to donate clothing to the foster care system in your state.
- Clean out nightstands.
- Dust headboard and footboard.
- Clean out under the bed.
- Vacuum carpeting
- Add under bed storage
- These under bed storage bins will add much needed storage space for items you don’t need on a daily basis.
- Add drawer organizers to keep your dressers tidy
- These drawer organizers are great for socks, underwear, and any other small items that tend to clutter your dress drawers.
- Dust dresser(s)
- Dust nightstand(s)
- Wash curtains
- Clean door(s) & door mouldings
- Clean baseboards and crown mouldings
- Clean HVAC vents and replace filters
- Check smoke detectors
- Dust & clean bedside lights
- Pull dressers out and behind and under
- Clean & disinfect light switches
- Spot clean marks on the walls